Mission: motivote leverages behavioral economics, incentivizing and gamifying voting to increase young voter turnout. We help young people keep their social circles accountable for voting so that elected officials better represent and reflect the beliefs and ideals of young Americans.
Vision: A country where young people are excited about and committed to voting, and turn out to vote at the same rates as their grandparents; as a result, elected officials better represent the diversity of identity and opinion in the US.
- CAMARADERIE: We raise each other, our partners, and our participants up. We go out of our way to support one another. We embed equity, teamwork and honesty in our everyday.
- CURIOSITY: We acknowledge that we are not experts and look for ways to learn and grow from each person we encounter and experience we have. We expand conversations and possibilities.
- EMBRACE CHALLENGES: We meet obstacles head-on, with determination to overcome them and a recognition that (occasional) failure comes with benefits. We dream and act big. We push the envelope and innovate. We start from yes and from creativity.
- HUMOR: We take our work but not ourselves seriously. We make civic engagement relatable and fun on a human level.
- INTEGRITY: We choose what is right over what is expedient. We practice honesty and candor. We consider the impact of our decisions beyond ourselves.
- PRAGMATISM: We work toward our ideals within the context of the world, culture, and political sphere. We act and plan for a better future even as we acknowledge the limitations of today.