This is how it works:
- First you commit to vote, backed by a monetary pledge for a little extra accountability. Select an amount that is personally meaningful and motivating.
- After you choose your pledge amount and go through this form, you'll enter your credit card info. We hold onto this until after the election. We only charge you if everyone on your team does not follow through with voting and confirm with us (through a selfie).
- Next, you provide us with a bit of info so we can make sure you're eligible to vote in this election, including your age and zip code.
- Select your Team Name, which was provided by the friend who invited you.
- Check our occasional texts and emails over the next few weeks. We'll keep you on track while getting you ready. You'll have the opportunity to earn rewards and, most importantly, get prepared to vote.
- VOTE! And confirm that you did. You'll get details on how to do that via email later on.
To lead a motivote team, you must be eligible to vote and registered by the following deadlines. Not sure if or where you're registered? Visit vote.org to quickly find out.
New Jersey: registered by May 15, 2018
Washington DC: registered by May 29, 2018
New York: registered by June 1, 2018
All of the above are "closed primaries," meaning they are limited to registered party members, who must declare their party affiliation in order to vote. TAll of the above are "closed primaries," meaning they are limited to registered party members, who must declare their party affiliation in order to vote. In short: registered Republicans can't vote in Democratic primaries and vice versa.